Inventory Unit Detail
2009 STIHL MS 170 Chain Saw
STIHL chain saws are the number one selling brand of chain saws worldwide.
What's so great about a STIHL chain saw? Glad you asked. When you need a chain saw that's reliable and dependable, you need a STIHL! Are you an occasional user, farmer, logger, landscaper or arborist? Work construction, fire and rescue or as a tree surgeon? It doesn't matter. We have the chain saw to meet your needs!
Fit your saw to the job when it comes to work around your home. Whether it's cutting firewood or a bit of trimming, these saws are for you.
With many great chain saws to choose from, homeowners can be confident that we have the STIHL that's right for them. Whether it's a basic chain saw, or one that has a higher power-to-weight ratio for maximum performance, this line of consumer chain saws from STIHL is ideal for around the home. Several of our occasional use models feature the revolutionary STIHL® Easy2Start™ starting system, which makes starting a STIHL almost effortless.
Looking for a compact, occasional use chain saw? Homeowners, look no further. Complete with the same design features the professionals depend on, the MS 170 is lightweight with just the right amount of power— perfect for residential cutting and trimming of small trees, firewood or storm clean up.
- STIHL OILOMATIC® Saw Chain. STIHL makes its own saw chain.
- Ematic™ Bar includes a polymer ramp reservoir which holds bar oil until it can be picked up by passing chain. This can reduce oil usage by up to 50%.
- Bumper Spikes provide better control, making cutting easier.
- Spark Arrestor Muffler has large baffles which reduce noise level and contain a screen designed to reduce the emission of sparks.
- STIHL Quickstop® Chain Brake System is designed to stop the chain in fractions of a second. Can be manually activated or activated by inertia, if the kickback force is sufficient.
- Front Hand Guard designed to reduce the risk of injury.
- Front Handle is designed for a secure grip and ergonomically angled for comfort.
- Protected Spark Plug – protected, yet easy to change.
- Large Starting Handle is easy to grip.
- Smooth Clean Design has no rough edges to snag on clothing or brush.
- Air Filter Cover is easy to remove for fast and easy filter cleaning or replacement.
- Master Control Lever™ is a single lever operating the choke, starting throttle lock and on-off switch.
- Rear Hand Guard reduces the risk of injury, as well as providing wide area for foot placement during starting.
- High-Tech Polymer Housings are lightweight, withstand greater impact, and are corrosion-resistant.
- Translucent Fuel Tank allows operator to easily check fuel level before starting work.
- Anti-Vibration System helps reduce operator fatigue.
- Toolless Fuel and Oil Caps require no tools to open or tighten. Cap retainers help keep cap from being lost.
- IntelliCarb™ Compensating Carburetor measures air on clean side of air filter and adjusts metering diaphragm in carburetor. Keeps RPM levels even when filter begins to clog.
- Easy-Access Carburetor Adjustment Screws let you adjust the carburetor for local cutting conditions and altitude.
- Decompression Valve makes starting easier.
- Easy2Start™ System (E) reduces resistance – eliminating the need for a strong, fast pull of the starting cord. Available on some models.
- Electronic Ignition provides easier starting and smoother running.
- A Second Braking System (Q) reduces the risk of injury in some circumstances if so equipped.
- Purge Pump Primer lets you prime the carburetor without flooding it. Standard on some models.
- Replaceable “In Tank” Fuel and Oil Filters lower cost and are easy to maintain.
- ElastoStart™ Handle has built-in shock absorber for smoother starting.
- Inboard Chain Brake requires less maintenance and makes saw chain sprocket easier to remove.
- Automatic Bar and Chain Oiler lets operator concentrate on cutting, not on bar lubrication.
- Quick Chain Adjuster (B) is a toolless chain adjuster (not on all models).
- Chain Catcher helps reduce the risk of operator contact by a chain if it should break or derail.
- Throttle Trigger Interlock must be depressed before the trigger can be activated.
- IntelliCarb™ compensating carburetor
- Toolless Quick Chain Adjuster for fast and easy chain adjustment
- Displacement: 30.1 cc (1.8 cu. in.)
- Engine Power: 1.3 kW (1.7 bhp)
- Weight (powerhead only): 3.9 kg (8.6 lbs.)
- Fuel Capacity: 250 cc (8.5 oz.)
- Chain Oil Capacity: 145 cc (4.9 oz.)
- Oilomatic® Chain: 3/8" PMMC3
- Guide Bar Lengths (Recommended ranges): 30 to 40 cm (12" to 16") STIHL ROLLOMATIC® Mini
- 30.1 cc (1.8 cu. in.)
- Horse Power
- 1.7 bhp (1.3 kW)
- 8.6 lbs. (3.9 kg)
- Bar Length Options
- 12 in. to 16 in. (30 cm to 40 cm) STIHL ROLLOMATIC® Mini